In her role as Elevate Sports Ventures’ Chief Client Officer, Wagner is responsible for developing and leading the agency’s global brand consulting vertical. With over 25 years of experience in global brand marketing and platform development, sponsorship consultation, and partnership management on behalf of Fortune 500 companies; the award-winning industry leader will maximize Elevate’s expertise in data and insights, design and experiential solutions and international network to connect and integrate brands in dynamic, authentic ways with fans and consumers.
Driven by the belief that sports and live events have the power to forge and create unparalleled, meaningful connections between consumers and brands, Wagner’s vision and work have created some of sports history’s most iconic and poignant images, impressions and brand associations.
Prior to her role with Elevate, Wagner was the Chief Client Officer at GMR Marketing, a global leader in sponsorship and experiential marketing; where, over the course of her tenure, she led teams across five international offices and four continents, managing global sports and entertainment programs for world-class brands including Procter & Gamble, Intel, ExxonMobil, HPE, Humana, Visa, Lowe’s Home Improvement, US Bank, Bridgestone, Capital One, Danone, and many others.
In her leadership position with GMR, Wagner oversaw US-based offices in New York, San Francisco and Charlotte, as well as teams in international offices including UK, Brazil and Tokyo, amounting to a team of over 150 executives; in addition to serving on the agency’s executive leadership and global growth team. During her more than 14-year tenure with GMR, Wagner played a key role in the agency’s international expansion in support of its global portfolio of work, notably leading significant client campaigns and efforts in the UK, Brazil and Tokyo.
Among her industry accolades, Wagner counts her service and efforts for client brand Procter & Gamble during the 2012 London Olympic Games as one of the most significant and meaningful of her career. The award-winning program reflected Wagner’s affinity for and prowess in managing and directing brands with global ambitions and a desire to develop relationships with fans and consumers driven by powerful, shared human connections and emotions.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why it is so important to realize that every consumer is not a fan, but every fan is a consumer
- What Cameron’s focus is as CCO (Chief Client Officer) with Elevate Sports Ventures.
- Why it is so significant to figure out the relationship between a fan and a consumer
- How Cameron and her team strive to bring people together with the things they love the most
- and let the brand be the hero
- How Elevate leverages data to maximize the fan experience and the convergence of the fan and
- Why Cameron’s experience working with Proctor & Gamble during the 2012 London Olympic
- Games were one of the most significant and meaningful in her career
- How Cameron has been so committed to fostering a culture of respect, inclusion, and
- mentorship in her industry