Jake Weiss, Ph.D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist, and the President & CEO of Coachability Consultants, Inc., a management consulting firm focused on maximizing coaching investments, practices, effectiveness, and cultures by addressing the “missing piece” of the coaching equation – employees’ and leaders’ coachability.
Prior to his current role, he served as a Senior Consultant and the Research Lead at Inteflex, Inc., where he conducted innovative research to inform the development of its advanced managerial coaching development and sales force effectiveness workshops for Fortune 100 and 500 companies across the Health Sciences, BioPharma, and Biotech industries.
Before – and during – his tenure at Inteflex, Jake worked on multiple NASA-funded initiatives to uncover optimal crew composition and team processes and dynamics necessary for success in long-duration space exploration (LDSE), in effort to inform and maximize the Mission to Mars.
Passionate about bridging the scientist-practitioner gap and bringing best-in-class, evidence-based engagements to clients, his current research focuses on coaching, employee coachability, and organizational cultures. Jake and his team at Coachability Consultants regularly publish peer-reviewed research on these topics to advance the literature on these topics in the management science literature.
Jake earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida (UCF), where he also played Division 1 soccer for four years. He earned his Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, specializing in organizational coaching and coachability, from DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois.
Coachability Consultants recently launched itas Coachability@Work Certification Program, which equips coaches, consultants, and organizational leaders to leverage the first and only scientifically-validated Coachability@Work Assessment and Coachability development tools with their clients and organizations.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- The value of honest feedback to coaches from the team
- How leaders set the tone for openness to outside insights
- Why demonstrations of vulnerability and humility are critical for coaches
- How to drive success with team resilience and flexibility
- How to increase coachability in yourself and others
- To learn more about Coachability Consultants’ work or inquire about their services, please check out their website: https://coachabilityconsultants.com/
- Jake’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jake-weiss-ph-d-a6a92aa3/
- Coachability Consultants, Inc. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/53409140/