As CEO of Innovative Solutions, Justin Copie is leading the bold move forward: instilling growth in employees and inspiring change well beyond the four walls of Innovative. Yet the 65 people working at Innovative don’t work for him. He works for them.
As CEO and leader, Justin provides safety and direction: safety in voicing opinions, trying new things, and failing, and direction in where to go on the path to success. He serves others in cultivating a culture where people can come to work every day feeling safe and free to do what they love to do, and in turn help Innovative reach its vision.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What it’s like to onboard as the youngest employee and only millennial
- The potential drawbacks of having a ‘winning’ mindset in a leadership role
- Developing an evolving sense of self-awareness as new challenges arise
- How to create an environment of self-selection to increase self-awareness among your employees
- The role of an outside coach in your success as a business leader
- Justin’s journey from intern to CEO of the company he started at
- What it is like to be the catalyst for making meaningful connections
- How breaking down the existing company culture can create windows of opportunity