Kane Ma is Co-Founder/Chief Technology Officer of Kamo Digital Solutions.
An entrepreneur and business development professional with strong industry knowledge in software development, web and app dev/design, campaign automation, data analysis + SEO, and digital advertising. Experienced in the development and implementation of emerging digital technologies. Blockchain enthusiast. Received Bachelor’s in Computer Science and Economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill while as a Varsity letterman in the Men’s Basketball Program after starring on the JV team for three years.
Upon graduating, he went to work for Fidelity Investments as a software engineer but knew he wanted to continue playing so he began reaching out to anyone he could for direction and ended up spending a week in the summer with Guangzhou Long Lions (CBA).
In attendance that week was the GM of the Macau Black Bears (ABL) and two months later signed Kamo to a contract where he spent the year in SE Asia and traveled to 9 different countries to play games.
That offseason he was the target of a hate crime committed by three white male dental students at UNC who proceeded to assault him leaving him with multiple injuries including a fractured skull. The results of that attack put an end to his playing career.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Kane focuses on mastery, autonomy, and purpose for his people as he builds the team at Kamo
- What it meant to fulfill his life-long dream of playing on the varsity at University of North Carolina
- How he gets his team at Kamo to put relentless energy into the things that matter most which are energy, focus, and effort
- How being a victim of a hate crime by men who were targeting Asians impacted his life
- Why Kane is so conscious of ego, motivation and knowing what his people want to achieve when he manages his team
- Why winning is so important to Kane and what it means to him