Larry Broughton is an award-winning entrepreneur and CEO, bestselling author, serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker, and former Special Forces Operator. As a former US Army Staff Sergeant, serving 8 years on Special Forces A-Teams (commonly known as the Green Berets), Larry has parlayed the lessons learned from his time in service to his country and applied them to the business arena attaining extraordinary success.
He is the Founder & CEO of broughtonHOTELS, a leader in the boutique hotel industry; and yoogozi.com, an inspirational online learning forum for leaders and high achievers. Larry has received several business awards, including Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year®; the National Veteran-Owned Business Association’s Vetrepreneur® of the Year; Coastline Foundation’s Visionary of the Year; Passkeys Foundation’s National Business Leader of Integrity; and Entrepreneur Magazine included his firm on their Hot 500 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
Larry has authored several articles and books on leadership, team building and entrepreneurial significance, including his newest book, an Amazon #1 bestseller, VICTORY: 7 Revolutionary Strategies for Entrepreneurs to Launch Your Business, Elevate Your Impact and Transform Your Life, and FLASHPOINTS for Achievers. His upbeat, creative approach to business and life has been featured in newspaper and magazine articles across the country and he’s been a guest on news and TV programs on every major network, including multiple appearances on CNBC’s The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, MSNBC’s Your Business with JJ Ramberg, and Travel Channel’s hit show, Hotel Impossible, and CBS News has called Larry “the nation’s foremost expert on leadership and entrepreneurship.”
Larry has presented to, coached, and mentored thousands of current and aspiring leaders and entrepreneurs across the country. He has delivered keynote addresses and training programs on topics including entrepreneurship, leadership, and overcoming fear and failure to Fortune 100 firms, universities, non-profits, medical facilities, and even the Pentagon’s Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Larry has attended the Executive Program at prestigious Stanford University; studied Russian at the world-renowned Defense Language Institute; and Political Science at University of California, Santa Barbara and College of San Mateo.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Larry’s journey from managing his dyslexia, to service in the special forces, to dealing with post-military life prepared him to become a thriving entrepreneur
- Some of the painful personal challenges Larry faced and how he turned to perseverance and self-discovery to overcome them
- Why it’s critical to find the right mentors, coaches, and masterminds to stand at your side
- How Larry’s mantras of “reality is your friend” and “choose the hard right over the easy wrong” have been cornerstones to his success
- How to download for free Larry’s hour long “REVEALED! 8 Mission Tested Strategies for Success in Life & Leadership” audio file and action guide
- Larry’s advice for defining your vision and managing adversity in both your career and personal life
- Why Larry believes that action, not knowledge, is power
- How self-discipline is like a muscle that needs to be exercised to be strengthened
- How accountability partners can keep you on the right path and push you toward greatness
- Why effective communication is crucial and why over-communication is an asset
- Advice from the revised edition of Larry’s book “Victory” about the importance of vision and tenacity
Ways to contact Larry: