Kosha Irby (CO-Shay ER-BEE) currently serves as Chief Marketing Officer for Professional Bull Riders (PBR). He is responsible for all aspects of PBR’s consumer marketing and live event efforts.
Before joining PBR, Irby was Team President of the Memphis Express. In this role, he oversaw all business functions for the professional football club. Before that, Irby led live event marketing and sales for various domestic and international markets on behalf of WWE, a publicly-traded (NYSE: WWE) global media company.
Before joining WWE in 2011, Irby served in various senior marketing positions at Georgia State University, Saint Louis University, and the University of South Florida.
Irby attended the University of Memphis (1996-2001) and earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise and sports science in 2000 and his MBA in Marketing in 2001.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What is the one motto that has allowed Kosha to take the risks that helped him achieve each new level of his career
- Kosha shares a two-question framework you can use to decide if the next career or business opportunity is right for you
- What are the three traits that make someone a cowboy in leadership and life (it’s not Wranglers, boots, or bull riding!)
- How Kosha faced the toughest management challenge during COVID and how it strengthened him as a leader
- How to be at your best during times when your energy is low
- Ways to use real time feedback to improve connectability and make your team stronger
- What was the big risk that caused trouble with the NCAA that ended up teaching Kosha the role he wanted to play in his career