Episode 22: The Powerful Culture of the Service Express Way, with Ron Alvesteffer
During his tenure, Ron Alvesteffer has helped Service Express define its market and create a unique performance-driven culture for employees. Service Express’s Core Value “to work with our employees to help them achieve their personal, professional and financial goals” creates opportunities for employee achievement and has led to outstanding individual and team performances resulting in individual and company success.
As a result, Service Express has been named one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation 5 years in a row. Service Express has also been named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America 10 of the past 11 years as well as one of the Top 25 Best Small Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Under Ron’s leadership, Service Express has averaged double-digit revenue growth year over year and has expanded the geographic footprint nationally.
Ron implemented Service Express’ Performance Measurement System (SR5) which tracks monthly and quarterly goals and results.
Ron authored the eBook, The Service Express Way – values and principles of a growing company. In it Ron shares the beliefs and philosophies, along with real-life stories from the field that have driven these remarkable results.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Ron’s education and career path resulted in his current position as President and CEO of Service Express
- Why Service Express has experienced double-digit revenue growth every year, as well as a 98% customer retention rate and an NPS of 84
- Why Service Express’s company culture focuses on employees even more than customers, and how that has fueled their growth
- Why Service Express’s hiring process involves actively searching for people who fit the culture
- What Ron looks for in hiring new employees to determine whether a new person will match the culture well
- How Service Express works to help its employees achieve their personal and financial goals
- How Service Express handles the challenge of hiring someone who doesn’t end up fitting the organization
- How Ron handles the difficult separation conversation, which he calls the “Danger Zone”
- Which business leaders and mentors have been the strongest influence on Ron’s career and leadership style
- What goals Ron is aiming for in the future of Service Express and “The Service Express Way”
- What advice Ron would give to other entrepreneurs looking to create their own powerful culture and values
- Website: www.ronalvesteffer.com
- Twitter: @RonAlvesteffer
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ronalvesteffer/
- The Service Express eBook: www.serviceexpress.com/careers/the-service-express-ebook/