In the last 26 years, Ed has developed his leadership skills in both athletics and business. From working as a NCAA Basketball coach at Texas A&M to becoming the Vice President of a national recruiting firm, Ed has taught countless athletes, coaches, and business leaders how to THINK, ACT, and EXECUTE at an elite level. Ed has a unique set of skills to deliver leaders across the country a purposeful, positive, energetic, and refreshing experience to unlock their true potential.
In 2016, Ed launched his company, The Molitor Group, in order to reach and add value to a larger sphere of ambitious individuals and help them achieve their goals every day. Through The Molitor Group, Ed has guided all types of leaders to achieve success. From entrepreneurs and executives to teams and companies, The Molitor Group specializes in empowering individuals and groups to achieve at the next level. Through Leadership Performance training, coaching, and speaking, Ed’s goal is to supply people and organizations with the necessary tools to move forward from where they are now to where they want to be.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Ed recognizes nine different steps a person takes when transitioning to a new career path
- How Ed’s own career path in basketball transitioned during his time as an assistant basketball coach
- Why detachment and dissatisfaction with your job are the first stages of needing to make a change
- Why Ed struggled to transition into his career in the mortgage industry, and why he felt lost without the tools he needed to make the change
- Why you need to establish your core values when you move into a new career or role, and how to avoid falling into the “danger zone”
- Why changing direction in your life or career also requires you to change pace in your productivity
- Why your success today is directly related to the activities you did and the steps you took 90 days ago
- Why you should listen to episode 21 of the Athletics of Business, with guest JJ Konstant. 2nd Lieutenant of the US Marines
- How to define integrity versus morality, and how the two relate to identifying and executing your core values
- Why a career transition affects more people in your life than just you, and why self-awareness is crucial for success when transitioning
How to contact Ed Molitor: