Whether fueling the feats of NCAA athletes or the U.S. Dept. of Defense, implementing one of the NFL’s first sports science programs, or coaching Olympic gold medalists, Dr. Erik Korem has always been driven by a relentless pursuit of high performance. As time progressed, that drive became a new purpose — to translate the science-enabling elite performers into actionable recommendations for anyone with a desire to improve.
Fueled by a deep-rooted desire to help others live a more fulfilled and healthy life, Dr. Erik Korem is an applied performance scientist that leaves every person or place he interacts with better than he found it. During the nearly 20 years he spent working with establishments like the NFL, NCAA, Nike, and U.S. Dept of Defense, it’s easy to see he didn’t let a single day go to waste.
Similarly, as a Presidential Leadership Scholar that holds a doctorate in exercise science with a research emphasis on sleep and stress resilience, he’s leveraged his education and platform to provide others with tangible health insights by writing for media outlets like Inc. and conducting impactful interviews with notable experts and athletes on his podcast The BluePrint.
While Erik’s relentless pursuit of high performance has come with its fair share of obstacles, it was also preparing him for his biggest challenge to date; entrepreneurship.
He became the Founder and CEO of AIM7 in 2020, pouring his expertise into an app that analyzes users’ data and provides custom recommendations for enhancing the mind, body, and recovery process. Leveraging the science of adaptive capacity, Erik and his team are unlocking a new level of human performance for anyone with a wearable device — so they can be their best without burning out.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to be your best without burning out
- What being mentally fit is and how it impacts your performance
- How mindfulness can impact stress biomarkers and help you harness your attention
- Why entrepreneurs need to stop thinking they can manage stress and what to do instead
- Why it is important to build the capacity to adapt to more stress with less mental and physical cost
- How AIM7 sets busy people free by turning wearable tech and health data into personalized recommendations to boost energy and much more
- AIM7’s Website
- The BluePrint Podcast
- Erik’s Personal Website
- Erik’s LinkedIn
- Erik’s Twitter
- Erik’s Instagram