Jake Thompson is a leadership consultant and the Chief Encouragement Officer at Compete Every Day, a brand he started in 2011 by first selling t-shirts out of the trunk of his car.
Jake has spent more than a decade working with leaders and organizations all over the world on how they can get better results for themselves and their teams.
He has been featured in Forbes, hosts a podcast in the top 1% globally, and has directly impacted over 75,000 ambitious leaders.
Through his entrepreneurial sales experience, client work, and research, Jake has built a proven framework that helps leaders improve their mindset, habits, and team development to create more influence as impactful leaders in their organization.
Jake lives in Dallas/Fort Worth with his wife, Elena and their dogs, Sugar & Donut.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- The concept of competition as pursuing excellence vs. domination
- How competing with oneself drives continuous self-improvement and goal clarity
- The transformative power of collaboration as an essential element of success
- The vital role of peer groups and masterminds in personal and professional growth
- How intention and daily action lead to progress and momentum in personal and professional goals
- Preparation strategies for continuous improvement in storytelling and keynote speaking
- The importance of knowing where you are leading yourself before leading others
- The impact of personal values and unwavering convictions in shaping your path to success
- How learning from others can boost performance
Get 15% off any order at CompeteEveryDay.com with code ATHLETICS15