JeVon McCormick was born the son of a pimp father and a single mother on welfare. Poverty, abuse, eviction, and discrimination were a daily part of his life.
Today, he’s the CEO of Scribe Media, a multi-million dollar publishing company awarded the #1 Top Company Culture in America by Entrepreneur Magazine.
JeVon’s journey gives us a peek into a world rarely seen by those sitting around a boardroom table. His outsider upbringing and his tremendous success in investing, writing, and corporate leadership offers us an unapologetic, regret-free view of life and leadership.
JeVon’s leadership style is the opposite of exploitative. Human-centric principles drive every decision he makes. Hiring, coaching, and business development are all handled with a deeply personal affectation cultivated over a lifetime of hard work, learning from mistakes, and taking care of his people.
Modern corporate leadership increasingly requires a more nuanced new skill set. But what does that really mean?
It means there is a different way leaders can act that gets better results. JeVon shows us the value of supporting and serving your team. His people-first leadership attracts and develops talented people, and that’s had a huge impact on the bottom line for his operations.
Be like JeVon: Support and serve your team so you can enjoy your leadership role more and compound your team’s successes.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How accountability and responsibility can turbocharge your career path
- Why doing the right thing is a competitive advantage
- Why the language you use is EXTREMELY important
- How to attract (and develop) the most talented people in your industry
- Why mistakes are valuable
- How to inspire through teaching, coaching, and mentoring (not training)
- Get JeVon’s Book – Modern Leader: https://jevonmccormick.com/book/
- Scribe Media’s Website: https://www.scribemedia.com
- JeVon’s LinkedIn
- JeVon’s Instagram
- JeVon’s Twitter
- JeVon’s TikTok
- YouTube Channel