Episode 25: The Enduring Legacy of Robert Newhouse, with Rodd Newhouse
Rodd Newhouse is a Wealth Manager with 44 management and focuses on managing wealth for private clients with a concentration on sports and entertainment professionals. He holds an Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA®) designation which allows him to help his clients capitalize on opportunities to preserve, grow, and transfer their wealth.
In 2017, 44 management aligned with Wealthcare Advisory Partners to provide clients with a goals-driven experience that seamlessly integrates planning and investing.
Background and Credentials
With more than 20 years of experience in the sports industry and extensive experience with investment services, Rodd has built a Sports and Entertainment Advisory practice. He comes from a family of multiple NFL players, which gives him insight into the unique wealth management needs of professional athletes and entertainers.
Rodd learned early on the value of money management, and brings that knowledge to each client relationship. He works with clients to identify their financial and life goals, develop a personalized budget and create a long-term financial plan that synchronizes client goals with investments.
In 2011, Rodd joined Wells Fargo to expand his Sports and Entertainment Advisory business. Before this, he was the Pro Personnel Director for the Arizona Cardinals. Prior to the Cardinals, Rodd worked for the NFL Management Council. After graduating from Rice University with a bachelor’s degree, Rodd signed with the Baltimore Ravens. He also earned a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from Concord Law School.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Rodd’s remarkable career path has led him to his current role as a wealth manager for pro-athletes at his company, 44 management
- What lessons Rodd learned growing up as the son of Dallas Cowboys legend Robert Newhouse
- How “motivational fear” has been a powerful tool Rodd has used to propel himself to success
- How Rodd tackles the biggest challenges and difficulties in his life using wisdom from his father
- How Rodd is unique within his industry, and how he demonstrated that fact by building honest, trusted relationships
- Why Rodd believes in having a TRACK record: trust, respect, accountability, credibility, and knowledge
- How consistency is a key to Rodd’s success, and where he finds the strength to stay consistent no matter what happens
- How arriving home late as a teenager taught him one of his earliest and most important life lessons
- Why Rodd believes in continuous learning and trying new experiences, in spite of any risk of failure
- How Rodd’s nonprofit organization, 44Strong Foundation, works to promote awareness of and fight the disease amyloidosis, which ultimately took his father’s life
How to contact Rodd Newhouse: