Episode 123: The Business of Sports
Abraham Madkour brings more than 20 years of experience covering the business of sports and serves as Executive Editor of Sports Business Journal, Sports Business Daily/Global. He is responsible for shaping the editorial direction of the publications while managing the entire editorial staff. He also oversees the editorial content for the various conferences produced by the Sports Business Group, including the prestigious World Congress of Sports, Sports Business Awards and Forty Under 40 awards. Madkour writes weekly editorials and pro le features of the management and leadership strategies of leading industry executives. He is a frequent industry speaker and serves as the lead moderator and editorial spokesman at all of the company’s events.
Abe joined Sports Business Daily as a Senior Staff Writer when the publication launched in August 1994 and was named Editor-in-Chief in September 1996.
Prior to joining Sports Business Daily, Abe was a Legislative Assistant for U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont. He also had stints working for the Washington Bullets and the Baltimore Orioles in 1993 and 1994.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Abe’s business is about relationships and information, secrets and trust, breaking news, and educating the industry
- How SBJ grew through the Covid crisis by adding a number of new offerings
- How significant the return of humans to their events and conferences and what it means to the SBJ business model
- What makes the SBJ 40 under 40 so legendary and how it can be a huge career making award
- What role SBJ plays in helping to influence the industry for years to come
- What the characteristics and traits are of the 40 under 40 recipients
View More of Abe Madkour’s work at Sports Business Journal
Connect with Abe Madkour on LinkedIn